NCSAM: Securing Devices at Home and Work—Creating An Inclusive, Empowering Cyber Security Culture At Work.
A culture of cybersecurity is a pattern of behaviors, beliefs, assumptions, attitudes, and a willingness to do things that promote security. Cultural change is needed to implement and cultivate a newly developed security culture within your organization. Here are three steps you can take to start.
1. Identify and protect your organization’s digital “crown jewels.”
- Awareness is the first step in creating a culture of cybersecurity.
- Increased awareness can reduce the risk of a cyber attack by 45%- 75%.
- Identify your most valuable assets, inform your workforce, and take the necessary steps to protect them.
2. Be able to detect incidents and have a plan for responding.
- Changing behavior is the second step in creating a culture of cyber security.
- Human behavior is involved in over 95% of cybersecurity breaches.
- Developing smart behaviors to detect attempts by hackers and implementing the response plan.
3. Make cybersecurity training regular, accessible, and fun.
- SecureABC offers relevant, engaging content through our gamification training. Managed and delivered throughout the year, not just 1x annually.
- Our vast library of content contains over 500 micro-learning, compliance-specific, and gamification modules. We provide posters, newsletters, and security “hints & tips” to reinforce your awareness, behavior, and culture of security.
Do Your Part. #BeCyberSmart
Follow us on LinkedIn and never miss a post!